Lokol Buzz News

Marketplace
Subscribe

Smarter way to keep up on what's happening around you.

Get daily curated news straight to your inbox. Currently serving Dallas / Fort Worth and surrounding communities.

Rowlett council discusses proposed affordable housing development

Rowlett council discusses proposed affordable housing development
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pocket
Pocket


During Tuesday night’s Rowlett City Council meeting work session, the council received a presentation regarding a proposal to develop Residences at Merritt Hill, an affordable and market rate multifamily rental housing development, using a 4 percent housing tax credit with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs.

Munal Mauladad, director of community development, said this property is being subdivided into several parcels. The proposed location is zoned form-based urban neighborhood district, which allows multifamily by right, a minimum mix of 20 percent of the following types is requires: mixed-residential, shopfront and mixed-use. In this case, the applicant may provide up to 80 percent mixed-residential but must vary the remaining 20 percent with either shopfront or mixed-used. For phase development to occur, a regulating plan is required to establish the mix of lot types as required by the urban neighborhood district.

Dan Allgeier with NuRock Companies said there are over 30 acres in the total tract, and the applicant is buying a portion of it that is about 15 acres. They’re proposing 260 apartment units on this site, which will be located on the north side of town between Merrit Drive and the President George Bush Turnpike.

First appeared on Star Local Media. Click to view full article.

Leave your comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Trending News