The cities of Keller, Roanoke and Fort Worth, along with Keller ISD and Northwest ISD, will see a number of local elections take place May 2. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
For the city of Keller, the position of mayor and City Council Places 5 and 6 will be on the ballot. Keller ISD voters will also decide Board of Trustees Places 4 and 5.
As of midday Feb. 14, current KISD trustees Chris Roof, Place 4, and Beverly Dixon, Place 5, were running unopposed.
Meanwhile, Keller Mayor Pat McGrail will face at least three challengers, including Place 6 Council Member Tag Green, former Council Member Armin Mizani and business owner Mark Matthews.
With Green running for mayor, City Council Place 6 remains an open race between residents David Tashman, Mujeeb Kazi, Ross McMullin and Brian Campbell.
The race for Keller City Council Place 5 will pit incumbent Council Member Chris Whatley against challengers Michael Mitchell and Stephen G. Humenesky.
In Fort Worth, Northwest ISD will hold elections for board of trustees Places 5, 6 and 7.
As of mid-day Feb. 14, Place 5 Board Member Steve Sprowls, an incumbent, had no challengers.
Place 6 incumbent Lillian Rauch will face challenger Jennifer Zazula, and Place 7 incumbent Ron Hastings will face challenger Jennifer Murphy.
Elsewhere, the city of Roanoke will hold City Council elections for Wards 1, 2 and 3.
According to city officials, incumbents Brian Darby, Ward 2; and Steve Heath, Ward 3, will face no challengers. Incumbent Holly Gray-Moore and John Dolly will compete for the Ward 1 seat.
Here are some important dates to know as the May 2 election approaches:
- Feb. 14: last day to order a general election or special election on a measure; last day to file for a place on the general election ballot (local political subdivisions only)
- Feb. 18: last day to file a declaration of write-in candidacy (local political subdivisions only)
- April 2: last day to register to vote in the May 2 election
- April 20: first day of early voting by personal appearance; last day to apply for a ballot by mail
- April 28: last day of early voting by personal appearance
- May 2: election day ends 7 p.m.; last day to receive ballot by mail; 7 p.m. deadline if carrier envelope is not postmarked
- May 4: deadline at 5 p.m. to submit by mail; valid if carrier envelope is postmarked by 7 p.m. at the location of the election on election day (unless overseas or military voter deadlines apply)
Candidates for the May 2 general election
Below is a running list of candidates who have filed for the May 2 general election for the cities of Keller and Roanoke as well as for Keller ISD and Northwest ISD. The list is current as of Feb. 14.
- Keller Mayor
- Pat McGrail
- Tag Green
- Armin Mizani
- Mark Matthews
- Keller City Council, Place 5
- Chris Whatley
- Stephen G. Humenesky
- Michael Mitchell
- Keller City Council, Place 6
- David Tashman
- Mujeeb Kazi
- Ross McMullin
- Brian Campbell
- Keller ISD board of trustees, Place 4
- Keller ISD board of trustees, Place 5
- Northwest ISD board of trustees, Place 5
- Northwest ISD board of trustees, Place 6
- Lillian Rauch
- Jennifer Zazula
- Northwest ISD board of trustees, Place 7
- Ron Hastings
- Jennifer Murphy
- Roanoke City Council, Ward 1
- Roanoke City Council, Ward 2
- Roanoke City Council, Ward 3